David W. Miller will participate in an University of Queensland sponsored Ethics Roadshow. It will take place in Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne. Miller will give a series of lectures on ethics, values, and religion, conversing with academics, business leaders, and students. He will also describe research opportunities using The Integration Profile (TIP) Faith and Work Integration Scale.
See short video here.
See full video here. This panel discussion was recorded at Customs House in Brisbane on Tuesday March 20, 2018.
It was the first of three UQ alumni and community talks featuring:
- Mark Hutchinson (UQ alumnus and BEL Faculty Executive-In-Residence, and former CEO and President, GE Europe)
- Dr David W. Miller (Director, Faith & Work Initiative, and Professional Specialist in Ethics, Princeton University)
- Professor Julie Cogin (Academic Dean & Head of School, UQ Business School).
During this discussion, the speakers explored the place of ethics in modern society, business and organizational culture, and answered the following questions:
- What business ethics means in these volatile times and why it is important?
- Is it part of law and regulations, organizational culture, a norm of group and individual behavior or religion?
- What are the large companies doing to build business ethics?
- How do they navigate when something goes wrong?
- How do we embed “ethics” in an organization's culture and why is shared responsibility important?